Princess Luna Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need advice or help? Maybe I can help you out!

+4
Balsiefen
Luna
Soupjuice
Pinkie Pie
8 posters

Go down

Need advice or help? Maybe I can help you out! Empty Need advice or help? Maybe I can help you out!

Post by Pinkie Pie Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Need advice or help? Maybe I can help you out! 250px-11
I want your attention, fillies and gentlecolts!

I'm offering myself to give advice and other tips and hints based on my own experience with the game. I have played over 1k hours of Team Fortress 2, so I am not a newpony to it!

That is all! :happyshy:
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie

Back to top Go down

Need advice or help? Maybe I can help you out! Empty Re: Need advice or help? Maybe I can help you out!

Post by Soupjuice Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:01 pm

Woa! 1k hours! I have spent about 24 hours on it, been too busy blowing specimens away in KF... Do you need to download the pony maps to play on them? Or do you need to search for a server with the ponyville map? I've had no luck so far ;A;

Soupjuice

Back to top Go down

Need advice or help? Maybe I can help you out! Empty Re: Need advice or help? Maybe I can help you out!

Post by Luna Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:09 pm

I have TF2, and i've played it before but PC gaming controls just through me off so badly...I just grew up with console games so I'm used to that :idk: but if you guys decide to meet up on there and play some games, then I could try play some games :happy:
~Luna
Luna
Luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Balsiefen Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:30 pm

I found that too when I first got it on the PC. Neither is better but console and PC gaming are substantially different skills. I've got pretty good now though-the trick is finding a class that's easier for a noob to play (usually pyro) and playing it until you've got some shape-memory built up with mouse-keyboard,
Balsiefen
Balsiefen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Pie Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:14 am

Soupjuice wrote:Woa! 1k hours! I have spent about 24 hours on it, been too busy blowing specimens away in KF... Do you need to download the pony maps to play on them? Or do you need to search for a server with the ponyville map? I've had no luck so far ;A;
Only in rare circumstances, usually when joining a server you'll automatically download contents you need to play on a server! :evil:
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupjuice Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:19 am

Yea.....Is there a specific name for a server that plays on the pony maps? If you know of them, PLEASE TELL MEEEEEE ;A;

Soupjuice

Back to top Go down

Post by ElsmanSparks Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:11 am

I have only spent 2 hours on it.... noobie here. Could use some good books/advice.

I always got stabbed by sethisto with his wizard-lookin' demoman and a weird-lookin' machete. and sometimes some other pony using a spy stabbin' my back.

oh, and I only play on EQD's TF2 server atm
ElsmanSparks
ElsmanSparks

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinyl Scratch Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:39 pm

36 hours here. I would play more, but I can't join/find any server. Every single one I try to connect to is not responding. It's really weird, I've been trying to repair it but nothing helped. Any ideas on what may be causing this?
Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rarity Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:52 pm

I had that with counterstrike. I wrote to Steam and the enxt day it was fixed. :/

You could try that. :datflank:
Rarity
Rarity
Royal Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Pie Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:32 pm

ElsmanSparks wrote:I have only spent 2 hours on it.... noobie here. Could use some good books/advice.

I always got stabbed by sethisto with his wizard-lookin' demoman and a weird-lookin' machete. and sometimes some other pony using a spy stabbin' my back.

oh, and I only play on EQD's TF2 server atm
When it comes to spies, it's about developing the spy-paranoia. After playing TF2 you'll develope this feeling that you can't trust your teammates - for good reason, they might be a spy.
Some general rules about spies:
If you can't walk past a "teammate"; he's a spy.
If you only get slightly pushed aside when passing through teammates, not a spy.
Cloaked spies that bump into enemies will glow in their respective teamcolor (A feint blue silhouette).

It's a good idea to keep your ears open; a spy uncloaking just behind you will be heard unless he uses a special set called "The Saharan Spy".

If you ever hear a loud buzzing noise, it's the sound of a spy who has faked his death with "The Dead Ringer", a watch that activates his cloak upon taking damage, faking his death and dropping behind a fake corpse.

So remember; watch your back, listen for uncloaking noises, spy-check(puff some fire at them, try walk through them, or use other methods of spy-checking). Spies are the natural predators of engineers, so be extra careful when playing as one, as his electrosapper disables your buildings as well as slowly destroying them. He is also effective against snipers because his cloak allows him to avoid the snipers field of vision.
Good spies will assassinate keytargets, such as medics or heavies. Watch your back. FOR HE MIGHT JUST BE BEHIND YOU!

If you need more details on the spy, just give a call. :cool:

About the demoman:
Demoman is an indirect fighter; Has no weapons that uses bullets. He's all explosives. With 175 standard HP he's a little tougher than others to take down. He excels at taking down sentry nests because with around 3-4 stickies, he denies engineers any chances of repairing. However, his weapons takes a long time to reload which makes every shot precious. Demoman can also go into more of a melee style, usually these players are refered as "Demoknights". As it sounds like, he'll be a much more relentless force with melee weapons as he charges into you with his shield and weapon of choice; but will be limited in ranged weaponry. Some bring the grenade launcher, and some bring the boots. Demoknights are therefor easier to kite. Fighting a demoman depends on what loadout he's using.
I personally think that Scout with his high speed allows him to be an effective fighter against Demoman, as well as heavy close-up.
Also, any demoknights running into you as a Heavy is usually almost always a free kill. :tongue:
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by ElsmanSparks Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:26 am

I'll keep those in mind.... useful infos
ElsmanSparks
ElsmanSparks

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinyl Scratch Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:38 am

Rarity wrote: I had that with counterstrike. I wrote to Steam and the enxt day it was fixed. :/

You could try that. :datflank:

Hey, that really did work! Thanks, you saved me some time trying to fix that with difficult console commands etc. :happyshy:
Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rarity Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Hehe no problem!

Glad to help :>
Rarity
Rarity
Royal Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by masukaze Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:19 pm

i had over like 100-200 hours and cleared it :P
masukaze
masukaze

Back to top Go down

Post by masukaze Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:25 pm

i wanna play tf2, Whos down?
masukaze
masukaze

Back to top Go down

Post by masukaze Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:25 pm

244 hours played total
masukaze
masukaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Pie Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:30 pm

masukaze wrote:244 hours played total
Do what you want 'cause a mercenary is cool.
You are'mercenary. :cool:
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum